Given that slow downs in MVC can be hard to diagnose if its an issue with a route, database connection, or even a little JQuery script the team at Stack Overflow create this highly useful utility for all to use called MVC-Mini_Profiler.
- Collects stats for MVC Routes, Database connections, and JQuery posts
- Has a strong group backing the utility in terms of future enhancements/compatibilities
- Simple and easy to understand statics
- Can be implemented at most levels of the application including even down to the individual lines of code.
- Can be a little tricky to get working
- Displays statics only on the page that you have setup profiling
- On or off situation configured in application_beginrequest and application_endrequest
For best implementations I can clearly see the benefit for using this as part of the UAT and performance monitoring. But not necessarly something that would I leave in the application for production unless only certain accounts are given this feature as it over shadows the underlying application.
For more information and detailed usage instructions check it out at http://code.google.com/p/mvc-mini-profiler/.
*** All Content is provided As Is ***